Important Safety Information Regarding
After the first few weeks of school, we have noticed some safety concerns involving the drop-off of students in the morning and the pick-up of students in the afternoon. We are asking for your assistance in keeping all DES students safe by following the following safety measures:
- During arrival and dismissal each day, the upper tier parking lot (the one directly in front of the school) is reserved for BUSES ONLY. Parents should NOT drop off students in front of the school before school or pick them up in front of the school at dismissal. If you are dropping off or picking up your student, please use the North Lot (by the playground) or the South Lot (by the gym); the South Lot is to be used by students whose last name begin with the letters A-K, and the North Lot is to be used by students whose last name begin with letters L-Z.
- If you need/want to come into the school to drop off your child in the morning or pick them up in the afternoon, please park in the lower lot in front of the building.
- Use sidewalks and crosswalks at all times. Please make sure that you and/or your child do not cross in between parked cars or at unmarked areas.
- Please refrain from all cell phone/device use while in the parking lot areas for arrival and dismissal. Distraction Free driving (talking on phones, texting while in line, etc…) is essential for optimal safety.
- For safety reasons, students being picked up in the South Lot will wait for their vehicles in the Pick-Up Zone, around the loop by the street light.
- Students must enter their vehicle on the passenger side; please do not have students load on the driver’s side where they may be in the path of oncoming traffic.
- Please do not exit your vehicle for any reason while in line in the North and South Lots during arrival or dismissal. If your child needs assistance entering/exiting your vehicle, one of the adults on duty will be happy to help. If you want to come into the school, please park in the lower tier in front of the school.
If you have any questions, please contact the DES office at 935-3307 option 2. Thank you for helping to keep our students safe!